Fabric Frames: Pretoria
Although we usually recommend fabric frames mainly for indoor use, it can generally also be used outdoors as an alternative for other billboard signs such as Chromadek, PVC Flex face, Perspex and i-bond signs.
These fabric frames are an ideal alternative to wall paper or canvas printing, especially when you are limited in terms of size. Canvas and wall paper are supplied to us in rolls of 1.2m in width and must be joined with the join lines visible. Canvas is tensioned over a pine frame and can therefore not be joined.
Fabric frames consist of an aluminium frame that is mounted to a wall and the printed polyester fabric is then tension mounted on the inside of the frame and only about 5mm of the frame is visible when the sign is viewed from the front.
You have a choice between free-standing or wall-mounted fabric frames. There is not a big difference in cost between these frames as the pedestal compensates for the costs in erecting the wall mounted fabric frame. The free-standing units are ideal replacements for in-house banner display units such as wall banners, A-frame banners and pull-up banners, but will not be recommended as display units for trade shows, conferences or exhibitions because they are not as easily assembled and transported as other units specially designed for this purpose.
ADVANTAGES OF FABRIC FRAMES
- The mounting and installation of fabric frames are relatively easy and less time-consuming and therefore makes them less expensive.
- Generally, the printed colours on the wall mounted fabric frames appear crisper when mounted flat against a wall but is not the case with the free-standing units that allow light to filter through and in so doing fades the print.
- The largest of all indoor signs, this frame can be printed up to 3m in width.
- It has a durable, quality feel to it.
- Turnaround times are relatively shorter than that of labour-intensive wall paper printing.
- The face of the sign can be replaced relatively easy.
- Differently than in the case of the nearest related product, fabric frames can be mounted against a larger variety of surfaces like drywalls or walls with an uneven surface.
- Although fabric frames are generally printed on polyester or cotton banner weave, you can choose between three different types of fabric.
- Custom sizes can be manufactured to your requirements. Our aluminium strips come in 5 m lengths and can be shortened or joined to suit your needs.
- Humidity in walls will not influence or spoil your printing as in the case with wall paper.
DISADVANTAGES OF FABRIC FRAMES
- Fabric frames are slightly more expensive wall paper printing.
- Free-standing fabric frames are not ideal for assembly and disassembly and makes transporting difficult.