Cut out signs
Cut out signs enables you to have a 3D sign made, cut-out letters/images on a variety of materials such as wood, aluminum, perpex, etc to place them on a rough or smooth surface. These cut-out pieces can be ideal to make your business stand out or decorate your home.
We can cut out signs on materials such as steel, aluminum, wood, Perspex, Dibond, foamboard and many more on a bed size of up to 2.4 x 1.2 meters. Letters and shapes can be cut from a rectangle, square or any shape from a “mold” attached to aluminum spacers. These aluminum spacers are accessible in roughly 15 distinct thickness’s and lengths.
We cut steel to a thickness of 3mm and softer materials such as wood and Perspex to a thickness of 10mm. Steel cut-out letters can be powder coated in any colour of your choice. Depending on the surface you would like to apply your cut-out letters to, we can supply pins to attach them to a rough surface or they can be screwed on individually, on a smooth surface such as a plastered wall or on Chromadek in the case of 3d signs,we can attach industrial double sided tape to the inside.
What makes the steel cut out & signs so unique, is the fact that it can create a rust effect. The appearance of the rust effect improves after years, just like red wine. In cases like this we use steel that can rust, because not all metals are composed of iron. Certain iron alloys rust faster than others such as wrought iron and cast iron. To enhance this process we use Hydrochloric or Muriatic acid that is mixed with copper that gives the desired effect within a day or 2, after which it is sealed.
For softer and smaller letters, such as thin wood and Perspex, we use a Versaworks laser cutter with a bed size of 600 x 300mm and in the case of our Cnc router cutter, this laser cutter can also graph.
In what format must your design/image be?
We need your design/image in vector format (also known as editable line art images). If you are unable to provide it in this format, we can redesign it for you at an additional fee.
What is our lead time for a Cut out sign?
Depending on the number of cut-outs, an order takes anything between 7 to 10 working days to be cut and approximately an extra 2 working days if you require the installation of your cut-out lettering/image.
How do we work out our quotes?
- Prices of cut-out lettering will depend on the type of material we cut, as well as the thickness of the material involved. Our minimum order amount for steel cut out orders is R500 + VAT
- Unlike most of our other products and services we offer, you can expect to wait as long as one business day to get quotes from us because we cannot work from a pricelist.
- The software we use to operate the laser cutting job works the quote out and the quote is calculated based on the time the cutter will work and which material type it will be cutting.
- In short, quotes are based on the cutter cut time and the cutting time between material and material type. Steel, for example, is powder coat and materials such as Perspex, Dibond and Rowmark are not.
Do we do installations?
We can also install your cut-out lettering. The cost of this will depend on the following factors:
1) How high above the ground the lettering needs to be installed.
2) Whether it is individual lettering or if it’s one sheet where the letters have been cut out of.
3) The method of attachment, i.e. flat against a smooth flat surface, with pins or spacers.
4) The area where the installation should take place.
5) How fast you want it done (if you require it in less than 10 working days, we will require an additional fee of
approximately 30% extra).
In what sizes are the Aluminum wall mounts?
Aluminum wall mounts are available in the following sizes:
12 x 25mm, 12 x 35mm, 16 x 25mm, 16 x 40mm, 19 x 25mm, 19 x 40mm, 22 x 25mm, 32 x 30mm, 22 x 40mm, 32 x 40mm